- “What is the world coming to?!”
- “Things were so much better and safer in the ‘good ole days’.”
Instead I know about:
- A mass shooting that took place in Florida.
- A little boy who was killed by an alligator.
- A man who was killed while in Texas because he took someone hostage at a Walmart in TX.
I remember a brief period of time when I watched the news daily and I was so discouraged…and afraid! Facebook in many ways has become the news for me. Now I often choose not to click on “that link” or watch “that video” that will weigh my heart down with more bad news.
If you are feeling depressed and “fed up with society” just remember evil has existed since Eve ate the fruit and will continue to exist until Christ returns. Maybe turn off Facebook and the news and look out your own window to see what kind of news you are meant to behold.
Tragedy will come our way no matter what. But we don’t have to be so emotionally involved in what is happening all over the world outside of our reach that our hearts are constantly weighed down.